Tear jerkers please!

Guys I’ve been watching a bunch of ROM-COMS and other comedies these days and am starting to miss the good old tearjerkers like Anohana. Hey do you guys have any other serious tearjerkers? Any Anime that maked you guys cry???

1 Like

Angel Beats
Shelter (A music video but it’s a great tear jerker)
Grave of the fireflies
Your lie in April
Wolf children
Bakemono Ko
Hell girl (depends on how you perceive it though)
Elfen Lied

1 Like

Hey I’ve watched most of them but thnx

Elfen Lied???
(The extra question marks are so that i pass the 20 char requirement (but i guess this makes the point redundant))

Clannad/Clannad After story
Air
Kannon
One Punch Man? (Well at least i cried)
Bokurano
Shirobako (Blind Sugession)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Chrno Crusade
Full Metal Alchemist
Wolf Children
Plastic Memories
Isshukan Freinds
ToraDora
True Tears
Charlotte
5 cm per second
The Garden of words (I think the art style in this movie is so overwhelming that you don’t have time to be sad because you’re too busy noticing all the pretty shit)

1 Like

Damn I forgot to include Requiem for the Phantom and Gundam 0080 War in the pocket.

I know I have included Gundam series in my recommendations but this does not mean I’m obliging everyone to watch the entirety of the Gundam franchise. It is huge but there are some series that are not parallel to the main features timeline instead there are based on an alternative timeline and they can be watched without watching the main gundam series . Also side stories based off the main timeline can be viewed in respect to the alternative timeline gundam series however you need to be considerate about how much plot is going to give out which is why I handpick some recommendations for you guys to watch without having the trouble of educating about the entire Gundam franchise.

Gundam 0080 war in the pocket is an OVA series consisting of 6 episodes and it’s about a boy who befriends a soldier from an opposing side of an ongoing war. This OVA series is based off the universal century time line (the main timeline of the Gundam franchise) it features a continous war between the Earth Federation and a conglomerate of its colonies that are trying to achieve their independencell by calling themselves ‘Zeon’ … the rest of the narrative will be explained in the series since its a bummer to explain everything at once.

Moving along with my tear jerking Animes, theres Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo magnitude 8.0, Ef series, Voices of a distant star, Wolf’s rain, Rainbow, Air, Bokurano, Memory (sci fi movie), Code Geass (you’ll know why), Jin Roh, Flander’s Dog (This one really hit me) and Giovanni’s Island (And this one too) .

2 Likes

Here are more suggestions. :slight_smile: The ones at the top of the list are more tear-jerky.

• Nagi no Asukara
  • Bungaku Shoujo
  • Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet [Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume]
  • Hotarubi no Mori e (a short movie)
  • Any Makoto Shinkai work (some are mentioned above by others)
    • The Place Promised in Our Early Days [Kumo no Mukō, Yakusoku no Basho]
    • Children Who Chase Lost Voices [Hoshi o Ou Kodomo]
  • Shin Sekai Yori (some parts are sad)
  • Tari Tari
  • Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (there’s no hentai in this series at all)
  • Bakemonogatari (second season)

Hehe :heart_eyes:, the KEY/VisualArts trio.

The Elfen Lied manga is sadder. The anime is only a little sad.
Also, the 20 character limit is there to avoid one word answers. :expressionless:

1 Like

Arigato Gozaimasu!!!

I know why its there and i know its important but that doesn’t mean i support it. :smile:

I’d say Nana, but its less of a tear jerker and more of out right depressive , traumatizing. Then welcome to the NHK ( again the same) but it has comedy to be somewhat relieved.Paradise Kiss is pretty good, Kids on slope, White Album 2. But honestly all of them are different from Anohana it was sad but in a good way, I felt good after watching.

1 Like

I cried for Golden Time,Grisaia no Meikyuu and Boku no Hero Academia as well…
Btw guys,you all are forgetting mainstream anime.

Naruto is the only mainstream anime I watch it was sad at times

1 Like