Hi ! New member here!

Hiiii !

I’m Divino, and cuz of various reasons I prefer to keep my name irl to myself. I hope it’s not a problem.
I started watching Anime For Real Last year; Feb-22 to be exact.
And My First Anime Was FMA : B !^_^!

I’ve see a few anime before without knowing they were in fact, Anime
For instance, I watched Alice Academy when It was airing on TV without knowing it was an Anime. Tbh I didn’t even know there was a thing called Anime back then…

Even after finding out about Anime I hesitated to get into it…, Mainly cuz of two reasons ;

1. Lip movement in Anime was Hard for the Western Animation watcher in me to get use to.

2. Back then I thought, Anime was only Available in Japanese with no Sub or Dub…

But later I decided to give it a shot Cuz there was too much stuff related to Anime online and I kinda felt left out… So I searched for an Anime with best Score in Various sites and Found FMA : B…

That’s how I got into Anime…

Initially I thought there were no anime watchers here in SL. I believed that to be the truth until recently, when I joined a certain Discord server which had one or two Otaku at the time (Now there’s more :smiley:)
So after Leaning the That there are a considerable amount of Otaku in SL I started searching the Web for a SL Anime Community. I found one in FB but I don’t have an FB and not planning to make one in the future so After some good searching I found this !

And that’s all !
Thanks for reading
[My English isn’t that good but I hope you all can forgive me for that…]

1 Like

Hey!! Hi! Welcome to ALK!

Congrats for your 1 year anime anniversary is coming up just next week! Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the first few anime I watched when starting up too! Did you watch the original one along with it too?

Actually there are a quite a bit of watchers here in SL. I’ve once met a guy in the bus who was watching anime and started a convo with him :stuck_out_tongue:

What anime/genres are you usually interested in? Cuz I hope I could recommend some

1 Like

Thanks for replying ^ ^
And no, i didn’t watch FMA 2003. I think brotherhood was enough for me since it stayed true the source material. I’m sure you know that the source material wasn’t finished when they were airing FMA 2003 ; so they had to make some changes to the story. And Brotherhood ended how it was supposed to end so…yeah.

In a bus ? Ha ! That’s one hell of a coincidence.
Sadly, I never encountered anyone irl who’s into Anime.

Hmm… well, I usually watch anime with OP MCs. As for my favorite genres, I’ll say…
Action , adventure , Isekai (with an OP MC)

1 Like