Anyone got any recommendations for old anime?

Yo, Minna-san,
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any old anime that i might have missed, Basically anything older than decade can be recommended. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Btw im talking about anime like this;

Do you like slice of life Anime? If so I’d recommend Kino’s journey or Aria

Both are anime ive wanting to check out, But thanks anyway

Hmm,
When it comes to old anime Neon Genesis Evangelion is the first thing that comes to mind. It’s so popular in Japan that even modern anime frequently make references to it!

Other than that you could try haruhi suzumiya no yuutsu, ghost in the shell franchise, kekkaishi, black cat and d n angel. I’m a huge sucker for animation quality so retro anime isn’t really my specialty but hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Films:

• Memories (1995)
  • Angel’s Egg (1985)

Series:

• Golden Boy
  • FLCL
1 Like

I’ve watched most of what you recommended but thanks anyway. :smile:

1. SDF Macross
  2. Patlabor
  3. Plantes
  4. Macross 7
  5. Legend of the galactic heroes
  6. Record of lodoss war
  7. Tower of druaga (not so old… it;s kinda underrated so easy to miss.)

some of most amazing old school anime i’ve watched. i would also like to mention older gundam series but you would most likely have watched them by now but if you havent yet i urge you to try.

Are the only two i haven’t watched, Thanks man.

anytime! :’) watch lodoss war especially it’s damn amazing!

1 Like

Will do my man :sunglasses:

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and Reveloutionary Girl Utena are 90’s best , when it comes to 2000’s I have way too many tbh :stuck_out_tongue: so if you have a specific interest I can recommend.

1 Like

If you’re going old, go OLD
…ok not too old.

but i commented an antoher thred recommending
##GUNBUSTER (1987) & DIEBUSTER (2004)

anime that i have fallen in love with.

Early Gainax shows, which served as building blocks for the likes of NGE , TTGL and FLCL.

^Gunbuster

^Diebuster

These shows have some of the best endings you will see. some of the MOST EPIC BATTLE EVER.
jesus.

The hype is unreal. Its smart, badass, and hits you in the gut. It may leave you crying.

im a huge fanboy, if you can’t tell already.

The best part? each series is only 6 episodes long! You can easily binge it.
It good ol’ classical anime. Honestly better than most of the crap out today.

1 Like

Watched all of them, but thanks :slight_smile: